So, Arianna Huffington is starting a blog to which she has invited many big name celebrities, writers, politicians, and pundits to join in.
Among those signed up to contribute are Walter Cronkite, David Mamet, Nora Ephron, Warren Beatty, James Fallows, Vernon E. Jordan Jr., Maggie Gyllenhaal, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr., Diane Keaton, Norman Mailer and Mortimer B. Zuckerman.
Not bad. It got me thinking, and thinking led to blogging, and blogging led me to start this meme. Who would be your top 5 people, living or dead, that you’d want to see blog? List them in the comments or on your own blog and trackback, then pass it on! Here are mine.
1. Donna Haraway — Of course. She’s my idol. When I read How Like A Leaf, I learned so much about her. It helped me make sense of her theories. Yeah, a Haraway blog would rock.
2. Doug Kellner — He has such an interesting perspective on things. Oh, wait! He HAS a blog
3. k.d. lang — whatever happened to her, anyway?
4. Hillary Clinton — Is she going to run for president? I used to have a Hillary for President bumper sticker.
5. My husband — No, not really. Living with him is like living with a pundit as it is.
1. Emily Dickinson –I wrote my thesis on Dickinson, one of our most important and innovative American poets, and I have a ton of questions for her.
2. Margaret Atwood—One of my favorite authors. I’d ask her all of the cliché questions, like how she comes up with her ideas for her novels.
3. Stephen Hawking—I saw him speak once. I would love to read his blog on life and physics and everything else that matters.
4. Hillary Clinton—I hope she runs! I’d beg her to, just to shake things up.
5. Brian Greene—Perhaps he could explain String Theory to me. I admire, but struggle to understand his book, “The Elegant Universe.”
I love your blog–thanks!
1. marcia riggs- great womanist and ethicist; knows how to really get at sexual gender oppression in the church and the power dynamics involved.
2. ani difranco-so hot and she writes such unadulterated passion and truth in her music
3. kd lang- wtf happened to her anyway? or ellen…i would marry her in a heartbeat…
4. emilie townes- she will tell you what’s up in no uncertain terms-great ethicist, and wow…she’s just, wow what a mind. pure genious
5. cornel west- need i say more?