Scare cam proves what everyone’s saying about us – we are all turning into a bunch of narcissistic sociopaths. Our ability to empathize is eroding daily. Most folks attribute this to desensitization from new media technology, but the blame is elsewhere. “Point and shoot” scare cams emphasize that the thing pointing doesn’t kill people, people kill people. Scare cams are…
Keeping track of gratitudes helps keep me positive and appreciative. The only rule is people can't be on the list because there are too many to name. Focusing on the small things keeps me mindful. Here's my gratitudes for today.
1. Deer corn
2. Hank and Milo coming to life in the Northwoods.
3. There’s still some warmth in the air.
4. Great veggies from the neighbors’ garden.
5. “Aggressive” snow tires that fend off fear of oncoming snow.
6. Butt-warming leather seats in a car.
8. Phone reception.
9. The first movie in four or five months.
10. A good realtor who brings hope about selling my house in Louisiana. Now that’s something.