1. Instant Chewbacca — a new take on instant rimshot.
2. Jeff and Erin’s EPIC Wedding Trailer — a wedding I want to go to!
3. Salvador Dali on “What’s my Line?” — A surreal bit of old black and white television.
4. I Just Remembered Chris Matthews was White — Great response to Chris Matthews. The author talks about “luxurious ignorance,” i.e., white people’s obliviousness. Good read.
5. JD Salinger dies (NPR) — I loved Franny and Zoey better than Catcher in the Rye. What a curious man he was.
6. Letter to the Editor, Daily Reveille (LSU student paper) — A depressing manifestation of how the corporate model infects and degrades higher education. Philosophy, comparative literature, sociology, history, and anthropology are antiquated, obsolete and unnecessary. Jeez.
7. (Louisiana) Regents pare programs — and another one bites the dust.
8. How idiotic arguments enter the political mainstream (This Modern World) — I’d laugh if it weren’t depressingly true.
9. NYT Howard Zinn obituary — What an amazing man.
10. Cornel West on Obama — Criticism of Obama’s economic policies.