Facebook has changed the way I blog. Even election-watching, cabinet appointments, and Obama’s first 100 days brought me to Facebook and not my blog, and instead of participating in the HuffPo–New York Times linkfest, I only liked. When I occasionally found an interesting, off-the-beaten-path link, I shared.
For now, I will post my summer goals. That should be a sufficient sacrifice to satisfy the blogging gods.
1. Clean out and de-clutter my office, damn it. Especially my desk.
2. Clean out my closets and get rid of old clothes.
3. Read Wendy Brown’s Regulating Aversion, which is about the dark side of tolerance, one of my favorite topics.
4. Do some prep-work for the basic course to get ahead of the curve in the fall.
5. Update my sad website. This is hard. It’s a huge website, and gives me a headache to think about.