Breast cancer runs in my family, discussed only in Southern whispers and associated with deep remorse. And it runs among close friends, whose families are less reserved, but who struggle with deep grief. The whispers are ironic given the number of books about the women’s health movement that line my bookcases. The women’s health movement ferrets out myths that science…
Keeping track of gratitudes helps keep me positive and appreciative. The only rule is people can't be on the list because there are too many to name. Focusing on the small things keeps me mindful. Here's my gratitudes for today.
1. Index cards to keep track of things I have to do.
2. Colored pens that make lists exciting even though lists of things to do are boring.
3. Chobani Greek yogurt because it’s protein rich even though it tastes like goats.
4. The neat “how to gmail something in the future” app I just found.
5. Fuchsia and the WordPress spellchecker that helped me spell the color correctly.
At night, outside the Northwoods Center, Nicolet College, the gingerbread houses made by culinary students along the path to the parking lot – a fairytale treat through the snow.