We’re sorry, but several pages on this site are taken down and under revision. They will be returned as soon as possible. Thank you.
Keeping track of gratitudes helps keep me positive and appreciative. The only rule is people can't be on the list because there are too many to name. Focusing on the small things keeps me mindful. Here's my gratitudes for today.
2. Summer in the Northwoods is not like summer anywhere else.
3. Patient people.
4. Grapefruits are available out of season. Yummy! (Bad for the world economy to eat fruit out of season, but yummy in my tummy. Darn.)
5. Bread Pudding coffee from Community Coffee – a taste of Louisiana in the Northwoods.
6. An awesome post-grading night’s sleep. Gosh, that felt so effing good.
7. A kick-ass semester in the can. “It’s a wrap!”
Back in 2010, Prince chided Beyonce for her lack of musical knowledge, but was impressed that she understood something about Mixolydian scales and Egyptian styles, WTF. Basically he thought she was quite talented and gifted, but her longevity and survival depended on learning a lot more. I’m not much of a Beyonce fan, and had no interest in Lemonade. The…
In a mandatory certification class, I was assigned to explore one of the generations other than my own, and then discuss how what I learned will impact my teaching. The assignment is well designed and I intend to steal it, but given my immersion in pop culture studies and interest in the generational divide, I didn’t learn much new about…